So here goes. Some random stuff I have discovered today.
- It is possible to drive to my kids’ school and back in under 15 minutes when on a games kit/ cello induced mercy dash.
- If you turn up 15 minutes late to an exercise class you just miss the boring warm up and only semi important station explanation. Although I may discover tomorrow how vital that warm up is.
- Deleting about 18 months worth of text messages will turn your phone back into a relatively responsive tool.
- The shops are no longer full of orange hued home accessories now I have decided that orange is to be the accent colour for our newly decorated lounge.
- It is apparently Christmas already.
- Allowing the kids off music practice in the morning so they can get more sleep after a school induced late night will see us all falling out.
- It is quite pleasant to write blogs in Costa.
- Belgian chocolate tea cakes make that even pleasanterer.
- My phone’s predictive text will predict good when I want home and home when I want good. Which makes that sentence really hard to get right.
- One should keep an eye on boiling potatoes rather than ignoring them to write.
- It is best to wait for the ceramic hob to cool down before clearing up boiled over water. Unless you like the smell of burnt J cloth.
- Allowing Eldest to have a phone not only heads off games kit/ cello induced emergencies but also allows him to text me cute messages which make me feel better about the tiredness induced morning arguments.
- I enjoy employing deliberate grammatical errors in my writing. Not sure why. Probably so I can claim any actual errors are supposed to be there. And to annoy pedants.
- My reverse parking sensors are wildly over cautious. And I actually need gate post sensors.
- Asking Middlest to be quick out of school will make us late for football training.
- People are still wearing leggings that are see through enough to be correctly categorised as tights.
- It is impossible to watch the final of the Bake Off a day late and not discover who the winner is during that day. And I don’t mind that much.
- As much as I love Billy Joel he doesn’t cut it driving music wise. And I still prefer soft rock.
- If I would like Youngest to practise her times tables I must threaten the removal of football training.
- I can’t do bullets on my phone and will have to add them at home later before the scheduled publishing time. Home more to do at good I mean good more to do at home.
- We can still name all the characters on In the Night Garden. And Makka Pakka is still our favourite. Isn’t that a pip?
- I still don’t know when to use practice and when to use practise. So I looked it up. C for noun, s for verb. So I need to practise and get some practice in.
- I care about accent colours.
- That last discovery worries me most.
So there you have it. Just a normal day. One is always learning.
If you are my husband then obviously the Costa is not part of my normal day. Honest gov.